Edgewater Beach Resort has Rules & Regulations that all owners, guests, visitors, Club members and employees must abide by. By coming onto Resort property as a guest, you agree that you have reviewed these and agree to abide by them all.
The Resort’s Rules & Regulations are designed to enhance the guest experience as well as to maintain a high standard of security and resort atmosphere at all times.
Rules & Regulations
Arrival and Access – GUESTS/TENANTS
- All Edgewater Beach Resort (EBR) guests must register and pay applicable registration fees to be on EBR property (see procedures for steps to register). Guests are defined as anyone staying on property who is not an owner listed on the property deed/LLC/trust/etc or eligible for an owner card or the personal friend or family of an owner who is on property with them.
- Friends/family of owners who are on property without the owner are considered guests and must pay the registration fees.
- By coming on Resort property, all owners, guests, visitors, vendors, Club Members and employees agree that they will abide by all of the Rules and Regulations stipulated in this document.
- Guest registration fees include the use of non-Club resort amenities (exclusions: golf, all court sports, fitness center), wristbands and one vehicle resort access pass (car/truck or motorcycle). Fees do not change if a pass is not needed.
- Each guest registration is for a maximum of 31 nights. Anyone staying longer than 31 nights must visit Owner Services with his/her rental agreement for an updated pass at no additional cost.
- Cancelled registrations will be refunded less a $15 fee to cover expenses and fees.
- Guests who extend their stay after arriving on property must complete the Registration Revision form here and then visit Owner Services for a new pass.
- Resort access pass must be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard of the vehicle at all times; vehicles without a resort access pass are subject to towing at vehicle owner’s expense.
- Guests arriving on or with a motorcycle must have a vehicle resort access pass for their vehicle as well as the motorcycle.
- Guests may purchase up to two additional passes for vehicles.
- Guests may purchase up to three additional passes for motorcycles.
- Guests may purchase a trailer/RV/boat pass only from Sept 16 – May 14 and for $40/week.
- Guests bringing motorcycles and/or a trailer with motorcycles during Bike Weeks receive complimentary access passes for the bikes and may bring one trailer free of charge.
- Guests staying in an EBRCA unit must have an EBRCA-approved vehicle resort access pass. No other association passes will be honored on EBR or EBRCA Community property without EBRCA approval.
- Guests aged 13 and up must wear Resort wristbands on property.
- Only owners are allowed to authorize visitor passes. Guests may not request visitors.
- Snowbirds who wish to have overnight guests during their staff must register the guests and pay applicable fees.
- Security is not allowed to accept items from owners or management companies with intent to distribute to guests. This includes keys, packages, wristbands, etc.
General Rules and Regulations
- Wristbands are required year-round and at all times for owners, owners’ family/friends, guests, tenants, Club Members, and visitors ages 13 and up while on EBRCA property.
- Wristbands are not pool tags; they are property ID wristbands. They are to be worn any time the guest/tenant/owner/owner friends & family/Club members are on EBRCA property.
- Pedestrians will not be allowed to enter EBRCA property without a wristband or an owner card.
- All vehicles entering EBRCA Property must have a current decal or vehicle resort access pass. Passes or current owner decals must be visible at all times while on EBRCA Property.
- Parking under the porticos at the towers is for unloading only. Vehicles left unattended under the porticos for longer than 15 minutes may be fined or towed.
- Bubble Cars, skates, roller blades, road surfers, skateboards, foot scooters are prohibited on EBRCA property.
- To register as a guest, you must be 25 years or older. Anyone under 25 must have in-room adult supervision. (Adult must be staying in the unit and available at all times). Exceptions: military groups and first responders acting in official capacities. For groups staying on property with guests under 25, the resort mandates at least one person in each room be 25 years of age or older. Underage guests staying by themselves could be subject to eviction.
- Minors are not allowed to consume alcohol anywhere on EBRCA property (the legal age in Florida is 21 years). Minors caught consuming alcohol may result in eviction.
- Luggage carts are for owner and guest use only. These should not be brought into individual units and must be returned to the lobby immediately after use.
- Climbing on or leaning over balcony railings will result in eviction of guests and fines for owners.
- Feeding seagulls, pigeons, cats or other wildlife is prohibited throughout the EBRCA Property.
- Nudity and indecent exposure, as defined by Florida Statutes, will not be tolerated in any public or common area of the EBRCA Property including any areas which are exposed to public view. Violators may be prosecuted.
- T-backs or thongs or similar bathing suits are not allowed in public on EBRCA property.
- Only owners are allowed to have pets on EBRCA property. Neither rental guests nor owners’ guests are allowed to bring pets on EBRCA property. A non-owner with a pet has 16 hours to board the animal or leave property.
- Animals are not allowed on pool decks or hot tub decks. Pets are not allowed on the beach (City Ordinance Chapter 7, Article I, Section 7-9).
- No bikes on any pool deck.
- Water balloon slingshots and water balloon throwing is prohibited and will result in eviction of guests/fines for owners. Throwing any item, including cigars and cigarettes, from balconies and walkways is considered dangerous and will result in eviction of guest and fines for owners.
- Laser pointers are prohibited from being used on EBRCA property.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited from being used on EBRCA property.
- Use or operation of drones is not allowed on EBRCA property.
- “Quiet hours” are enforced throughout the EBRCA property between 10 pm and 8 am. All owners and guests shall refrain from any activity that would disturb other residents at any time, especially during these hours.
- Excessive noise that interferes with the peaceful enjoyment of your neighbor will not be allowed during any hours of the day. This includes but is not limited to the volume of music, TVs, or excessive dog barking.
- Anyone on EBR property must adhere to the Resort Rules and Regulations, including owners, guests, Club Members, tenants of commercial units, all vendors, and all employees.
Building and Grounds
- Nothing can be attached, connected, or hung to any railing or outside walls.
- Towels or other articles should not be hung on balcony or walkway railings.
- Walkways and stairways are fire exit lanes. No articles shall be left in these areas at any time that would impede passage.
- Charcoal grills, gas grills, and hibachis are not allowed on EBRCA property. Electric grills may be used throughout EBRCA property. Guests may be evicted for grill violations. Owners will be fined. This will be enforced in accordance with state and local fire ordinances.
- Funneling on balconies or anywhere on EBRCA property is prohibited.
- Personal video/surveillance cameras are not allowed to be installed outside any unit. “Ring” type doorbells/cameras are allowed.
Pool and Hot Tub Rules
- No lifeguard on duty – use at your own risk.
- All pools and hot tubs are open from 7 am to 12 am (midnight). Quiet hours start at 10 pm and will be enforced.
- Quiet hours will be enforced between 10 pm and 8 am.
- No large coolers or speakers/radios are allowed on any pool deck.
- No smoking or vapes in pools, hot tubs, and pool area decks.
- No floats are allowed in any pool when the pool is crowded.
- No throwing or hitting balls or any projectiles in pools.
- Glass containers are not allowed on pool decks or in pools or hot tubs.
- No food or drink is allowed within 4 ft. of pools or hot tubs.
- No diving from or climbing on rocks or waterfalls. Climbing or diving off rocks and waterfalls is subject to eviction.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult when in any pool or hot tub.
- No animals are allowed in the pool or on pool decks.
- Shower before using any pool or hot tub.
- Swim diapers are required for all toddlers and babies while in any pool or on the pool decks.
- Do not use any pool if ill with diarrhea.
- The pool water is treated chemically and should not be ingested.
RV/Boat/Trailer Parking – guests
May 15 – September 15 – during high season, no guest boats, trailers or RVs are allowed. September 16 to May 14 – guest parking is permitted only when owner-authorized, with a reservation, and if space allows. RV/boat/trailer fee is $40/week except during bike weeks when trailers are free. RV/boat/trailer will be given an assigned parking space by security for the stay.
RV/Boat/Trailer Parking – General
- All units in this area must be parked in their assigned space and unhooked from vehicle at all times.
- All units parked in this area must have valid plates and insurance in place to cover liability.
- All units will have parking pass with owner’s name and unit number displayed in windshield or front wall of the parked unit. Pass will be furnished by security and posted by the vehicle owner. If pass is not visible while on property, a fine of up to $100 per day could be levied.
- Violation of rules or refusal to remove items from this area could result in owner losing RV/Boat/Trailer parking privilege.
- Only owners and registered guests who are staying at EBRCA property may park RVs/Boats/Trailers.
- When not staying at EBRCA property, the guests’ and owners’ equipment must be removed from EBRCA property.
- These vehicles cannot be used for any commercial operations including home-based businesses.
- Vehicles must be maintained properly–no flat tires, rusty, or disabled vehicles allowed. Vehicles parked must be mobile.
- As a courtesy, security will make a good faith effort to contact any owner or guest in violation of the above policies.
- Security is authorized to remove any illegally parked equipment after expiration of the parking permit and good faith effort or upon any violation after notice. The owner of that equipment will be responsible for recovery and any and all fees associated with towing and storage.